Finally a bag that fits both file folders and an iPad ! Have had lots of compliments on the style.and color. Would love interior to have a three pockets for cell phone and keys rather than two and a spot for pens. Also would love for the shoulder strap to be padded since it is heavy with all that I load into it. Overall a great product especially considering the price.
June 5, 2014
Perfect size for phone, iPad, pens, notebook, wallet. Perfect for travel. Keeps me organized - and looks very stylish.
May 15, 2014
This was a birthday present for a daughter. She loves the softness of the leather and the blue color is just magnificent. So happy for this bag, perfect for carrying her iPad to school, an elementary school teacher. Love it.
April 19, 2014
Finally, the Perfect Bag!
For years I've been searching for the perfect bag: the one that would hold everything I need, including letter-size papers; the one that would have a shoulder/crossbody strap without an extraneous handbag handle; the one that would be slim enough so that it rests on my body and doesn't bulk out; the one that would be easy to open and easy to close. Finally, I have found it! This is that bag! I no longer need to carry a purse and a tote to go into the city--this messenger bag holds everything, and worn crossbody, it leaves my arms free to swing while I'm walking. In addition, it's a beautiful object, aesthetically pleasing to look at, which means a great deal to me when it's something I carry with me every day.
March 10, 2014
pleasing and practical
Love this bag so far--
* perfect size for me – comfortably fits letter size files & circa notebooks, yet appearance is more purse-sized than briefcase—comfortable as an everywhere/everyday bag
* lightweight (for leather) and very pleasingly soft and supple to the touch, yet holds its shape and stands upright even if empty
* well-conditioned so it repels water—I've been caught out in a soaking rain and a light snowstorm to no ill effect, just shook it off dry when I got in
* Strap can go long enough to comfortably wear cross-body, even over a coat
Also has nice details you don’t notice until using it:
* lightly padded all around, and curved bottom of main compartment would keep tablet or mini-laptop from clonking on the ground. My smartphone feels protected even when tossed in the conveniently-reached outer back zipper pocket
* The very strong magnetic closures are hidden under the leather, so it’s easier to close and looks nicer easier than the typical penny-size magnet/receptacle clasps out there-- when you open flap, you see only leather
* Magnet closure has a range over an inch up or down, so flap almost automatically closes fairly snuggly over the top of the compartment whether empty or stuffed full. I don't feel like I’d lose items if it was knocked over or put under airline seat (my usual fear with non-zipper tops)
Like all Levenger leather, it’s quite expensive (though quality and details come with that). I managed to purchase at a large discount (an imperceptibly damaged, unpackaged return), which was still an expensive luxury for budget-minded me, but a good value I’m very happy I splurged on.
I concur that a couple pen holders would have been nice. Also, the size tradeoff of not having to haul around a briefcase means main interior compartment is only about a liter bottle diameter front to back, so it will fit a couple paperbacks with your wallet and files, but not your lunch container (too thick) or a full sized laptop (too wide).
Agree with other reviewer that the stiff interior pockets are a little tough to reach into, but that also means they don’t get caught up like fabric ones do as I slide my notebooks or checkbook wallet in and out, so it’s not really a con to me.
December 10, 2013
Love this bag! It's the perfect size for a iPad and notebook and other small extras. The bag is elegant and
the quality is superb- as is usual for Levenger products.
Definitely happy with the purchase!
November 30, 2013
I purchased this for my daughter who recently graduated from college and has started her new career. This is perfect for her "work mac-book" and other items she carries back and forth to the city. Beautiful leather, and a subtle blue color...still stylish enough for a young girl ! I will definitely be purchasing other leather goods from Levenger in the future!
November 9, 2013
I bought the cobalt blue (big color this season) and the quality s impeccable (as expected. The leather is really soft and the bag is surprisingly light . It fits my ipad( with keyboard) easily as well as all the usual stuff. My only complaint is that the pockets are really tight-I have small hands and it is difficult to reach things in the bottom of the outside pocket and also in the small pockets the front side. Maybe it will stretch with use. I also wish it had pen slots. It is gorgeous though, and I have had many compliments
October 23, 2013