English iPad Stand
Nice to look at, not so nice to use.
I bought this because I've always loved Levenger products. I had high hopes for this iPad case after searching high and low for an actual leather product. Let's start with the positive features.
1) It's well made. The case is stiffer than I thought it would be, but the stiffness keeps the iPad well protected.
2) The stand functionality works very well. It's stable and sits at a good angle.
3) The color is lovely. I bought the purple and it's beautiful.
Now onto the negatives ...
1) The design makes no sense for iPad use. The straps that hold the top corners in place cover the switches on the upper right (iPad held in portrait mode). You cannot easily use the volume control, the orientation lock/mute button, or the wake/sleep button. The other top strap covers the headphone jack.
2) The zipper is sturdy but also sharp. If you try to access the buttons by pushing the strap, you keep scraping your hands on the zippers.
3) The inside of the case has loose threads and jagged edges on the stretchy ribbons that hold the top corners in place. This isn't a functionality problem, but I would expect better finishing touches at this price.
4) The color is scraping off one corner. I put the entire case in my purse and it is already showing signs of wear. These are not the signs of wear I expect from nice leather.
5) There are two zipper pulls. One of mine looks to be permanently marked by some kind of dirty fingerprints in the finish.
All in all, I would be able to look past the cons if this case cost $59.95, but at this price it is not worth buying. Looks alone are not worth over $100 for an item like this. It needs to be as functional as it is attractive.
November 4, 2012
This is the third purchase from Levenger and I haven't been disappointed with any of them. One review of this product that I read described the leather as looking like vinyl, I thought the leather was of exceptionally high quality. The fittings (zipper etc.) seemed to of excellent quality. The product functions as advertised. My only complaint is the price. I bought it on sale at a reduction of 30% off and was satisfied. At full price I would not have bought it. Service was great. I ordered it on line and received it 3 days later with standard shipping.
September 22, 2012
This product was exactly what I was looking for, and I had purchased three others before this one. The price was off-putting, but when I received the case and began using it, it was well worth it. I plan to purchase the matching phone case and I'm hoping that Levenger will offer more of these colorful leather goods.
May 26, 2012
Couldn't have been more disappointed
The leather used on the exterior of this case has the look and feel of vinyl. The zipper is coarse and does not glide easily. I have no complaints about the interior. I eagerly anticipated the arrival of this product and could not have been more disappointed than I was when I opened it. The price is not commensurate with the apparent quality. However, the customer service was without reproach. My return was handled by Brenda, and I give my compliments to her.
May 25, 2012