Bomber Jacket Circa Zip Folio
Imperfections on Leather
This review is solely on the leather and not the functionality of the folio. I will try to be as nice as possible since I am very upset that this will be a gift for my significant other. The top imperfections I’ll cover on are by order of when I first opened up the box and noticed:
1. “Dullness” and “uneven-ness” of the leather: Front top left has flat, NOT full-grain pebbled patch
2. Uneven Monogram name and overall look of it
3. SCRATCH marks (!)
If there was not a monogram stamped, I would think it was a used product given to me as a gift.
1. I was displeased with the overall LOOK of the leather. The commercial photos seem to have a more glossy/moisturized look to the leather but when I opened the box, I was surprised with how lackluster the leather looked. Worst of all, the front top left of the leather had a weird patch that wasn’t “full-grain and pebbled” therefore the front doesn’t have that uniform/unison pebbled-leather look. In addition, that’s not the only “flat” parts of the folio. It is throughout the binder (not sure of the name) part of the folio (If you open the folio out completely, it is the very middle part where the rings would be located). Basically, it looks as if the whole folio has been kept in a shelf with other books, and over time has flatten out the grain/pebbled look. I understand this happens to leather over time, but not when it should be a brand new item. None the less, I will add that the leather is soft.
2. To me, the monogram full name just looks very dull but I will be forgiving of this imperfection, however, it is uneven :( The monogram is supposed to be a nice added touch, and it just wasn’t. It’s just more of an “engraving” I mistakenly saw the photos to have a gold-spec finish to it, and it does not. I am planning to go to an arts/craft store to buy gold paint so I can finish the look and hopefully, try to give it an even look.
3. When I opened the package, the front was the first thing I saw and the above comments were based on that. Might I add, I noticed a scratch on the front but I was more worried about the weird flat patch on the top left and throughout the binder part of the folio. When I finally grabbed it out of the box to inspect it all over, I couldn’t believe it but there were scratches all over the folio. Most prominent was the back-- including 2 random indents which isn't very noticeable but you can feel it.
Overall, I’m just flabbergasted at the poor handling of this item especially after reading all the positive reviews and seeing that it’s coming from a sophisticated company. I mean, wouldn’t they take extra precautions to handle something that’s prone to marks? :(
I don’t plan to return this item because it already has my honey’s full name monogramed, and I fly out of town next week for 3 weeks so he’d have to open this gift (Christmas) before I fly out. I’m sure the overall QUALITY and FUNCTIONALITY of this product will last but it’s just a bummer to have to open a brand new item with all these imperfections.
I've attached the maximum # (2) of photos allowed. I would post all the ones I took since I just can't believe how many imperfections there are. I don't think the photos taken by my iphone do a good job with the details but you can still see them.
December 5, 2013
I needed a portfolio to use for meetings, and work. My lovely wife had given me a Levenger wallet for my birthday. This portfolio matches my wallet and functions perfectly for my business duties. You won't be disappointed with this portfolio if you choose it?!?
November 30, 2013
Goes perfectly with my Messenger Bag
I bought this product to go with my Bomber Jacket Messenger Bag and I love it. Same awesome leather, high quality. I know this will last for years and who doesn't love new leather?!?! As always with Levenger products I can count of them being high end and exactly what I needed.
November 16, 2013
I am pleased with the quality and functionality of this product. It really helps with organization.
October 13, 2013
Great quality leather & craftsmanship. It is missing 2 things. 1. a usb thumbdrive pocket/holder - this would be great
2. It could use an additional 1/4th in width past the end of the circa. This would give it enough room to be able to fit a few file folders without damaging them.
Overall, this is a great product with very good quality & craftsmanship.
October 12, 2013
Love the Bomber Jacket Folio
I received the Bomber Jacket Folio and I love it!! The leather is a great quality and the folio is sturdy. I think the leather is going to look better with age. This is the first item I have purchased from Levenger and I will be back for more.
September 28, 2013
Very Good but...
This is the best product I've been able to find that allows me to carry my iPad and have a looseleaf binder all-in-one. If only you made this portfolio with a mount for the iPad -- a combination of the Bomber Jacket Mobile iPad Stand and the Circa Bomber Jacket Portfolio -- then the product woulds be perfect.
August 31, 2013
I have been looking for a way to carry my iPad mini, take notes and carry modest amounts of other "paper" with me. This is a great size - easily holding the Mini and any letter sized paper when folded in half. 2-way zipper even allows you to carry taller items (like envelopes) even if they stick out the top a bit.
August 25, 2013
What I was looking for
This is just what I was looking for. Love my circa planner and was looking for a zip binder that was not too bulky to put it in. This fits the bill perfectly. It is of a great quality and looks great. The only reason I gave it 3 stars in style is that I would love a choice of colors. Some women professionals like myself like a little pop of color not just tan, brown or black. Since I really wanted a zip holder I liked this better than the one other offering. All in all I am very pleased with it.
August 25, 2013
Best Purchase Ever
This folio is very elegant and professional
August 24, 2013