True Writer FourNib Sampler
I have several True Writer fountain pens, but have always stuck with my continued choice of medium nib. However when I saw this sampler option, decided to try it out. Using the stub nib right now, with the others planned for later. As always, Levenger quality is delivered.
June 26, 2014
Fountain pen user needs instruction
I wish Levenger would create an informational video for a first time fountain pen user. I think a well-done video would be a win/win marketing link for Levenger to get folks to the site to buy pens.
It is hard to even evaluate and buy a pen as novice users do not have enough knowledge to evaluate a pen. and understand what different pen widths and points do. I avoided buying a pen for a long time because of trouble I had using a pen years ago. I would like more information about how to use and store a fountain pen. If I could have seen in one place a quick informational video it would have overcome some of my reluctance.
I have had my pen for several weeks and have had some issues with skipping. I bought 4 nib types. I have experimented with all of them. But am frustrated about exactly how best to avoid skipping. Do I need to press harder or lighter. I need some visual pointers.
First Time Fountain Pen User Guide 101 instructional video. Should have
1. The beauty of text written with fountain pen verses roller ball and others types.
2. The way to load a fountain pen with ink. The cartridge verses the ink bottle.
3. What is skipping when writing with a fountain pen? How to avoid or reduce this.
4. Suggestions on ways to hold and use pen to get the best performance.
5. Understanding angles that work best.
6. How to store for daily use.
7. When should a pen be cleaned and how.
8. The different nib widths with examples.
9. A calligraphy nib and examples of a nib that produces thin and wider calligraphy flourishes.
March 1, 2013