Bomber Jacket Circa Zip Folio
Love this Bomber Jacket Circa Zip Folio!
Finally got it together--all of my work items in one place, and nothing slips out since it's all zipped up!
The quality of the leather is butter soft and it has a gorgeous, rich color. The lining is stylish and presents clean, fun interior. Hoping the zippers might stretch a bit so my notebook pages don't catch at the binder point, but that is the only downside I have found.
May have to investigate a Bomber Jacket bag soon!
February 6, 2014
Very nice leather and great looking with the monogrammed initials. Was a birthday present for son who flies a lot and although he loved it, it was too heavy and bulky for his computer bag. So be careful about that---it is not streamlined!
January 19, 2014
Circa Zip Folio is the Best!
I have been a fan of Circa for years. Until recently, I used a junior sized Master Zip Folio and folded all my papers in half. Recently, I had a chance to get a Bomber Jacket Letter Size at a sale price and improved my work life. With the pages opened to full size, I can manage a slimmer profile in my briefcase. I can also use the single page spread for my agenda instead of the weekly pages. The Bomber Jacket leather is a treat. If there is any flaw, it is that the pen loop tends to get caught in the zipper, but I can live with a loose pen inside one of the plastic pockets. This tool enables me to keep all my papers (calendar, schedules, lists, etc.) in one place and take them home with me as needed. My job pays for regular planners from a chain store, but I choose to buy my own Circa tools because they are just so much nicer and more convenient.
January 17, 2014
Old and New together
With this junior sized folio, I am able to have a portable circa notebook with me in meetings, as well as my ipad mini. I just slide the mini into one of the pockets on the left side. I can take it out to use pretty well. I wish the pen loop were a little different, my L-Tech stylus/pen jostles loose sometimes. If I were making a wishlist, one of the pockets on the left could be fully lined to protect the ipad finish. Both that and the pen loop are minor quibbles though. The leather, as always, is great. it continues to match the rest of the bomber jacket products, even those purchased years ago.
January 12, 2014
Functional and Classy
This folio functions well and looks great too! Roomy enough to hold an agenda and notebook, plus business cards, notes, etc. The leather is soft and high quality with a sturdy zipper.
January 4, 2014
Happy husband and son
With a husband and a son that are in management and do some traveling, I was delighted to receive your catalogue in the mail. Being an online shopper, I spent time searching your items for unique gifts for those busy men in my life. Success ! Your bomber circa zipper letter size folio, and names engraved on them....all concerned completely happy! Thank you....now, for the daughters....
December 29, 2013
I bought this for my husband to help him keep all his important things together. They are usually thrown in a drawer and he can never find what he needs. He's always asking me for paper to write things down when he's on the computer. Now this helps to keep him a little more organized and be able to zip it up to take with him.
December 21, 2013
The Bomber line is extremely professional and so nice to look at. I have most of the products in this line, and this folio has been complemented when I interview for jobs. I highly recommend it!
December 15, 2013
Imperfections on Leather
This review is solely on the leather and not the functionality of the folio. I will try to be as nice as possible since I am very upset that this will be a gift for my significant other. The top imperfections I’ll cover on are by order of when I first opened up the box and noticed:
1. “Dullness” and “uneven-ness” of the leather: Front top left has flat, NOT full-grain pebbled patch
2. Uneven Monogram name and overall look of it
3. SCRATCH marks (!)
If there was not a monogram stamped, I would think it was a used product given to me as a gift.
1. I was displeased with the overall LOOK of the leather. The commercial photos seem to have a more glossy/moisturized look to the leather but when I opened the box, I was surprised with how lackluster the leather looked. Worst of all, the front top left of the leather had a weird patch that wasn’t “full-grain and pebbled” therefore the front doesn’t have that uniform/unison pebbled-leather look. In addition, that’s not the only “flat” parts of the folio. It is throughout the binder (not sure of the name) part of the folio (If you open the folio out completely, it is the very middle part where the rings would be located). Basically, it looks as if the whole folio has been kept in a shelf with other books, and over time has flatten out the grain/pebbled look. I understand this happens to leather over time, but not when it should be a brand new item. None the less, I will add that the leather is soft.
2. To me, the monogram full name just looks very dull but I will be forgiving of this imperfection, however, it is uneven :( The monogram is supposed to be a nice added touch, and it just wasn’t. It’s just more of an “engraving” I mistakenly saw the photos to have a gold-spec finish to it, and it does not. I am planning to go to an arts/craft store to buy gold paint so I can finish the look and hopefully, try to give it an even look.
3. When I opened the package, the front was the first thing I saw and the above comments were based on that. Might I add, I noticed a scratch on the front but I was more worried about the weird flat patch on the top left and throughout the binder part of the folio. When I finally grabbed it out of the box to inspect it all over, I couldn’t believe it but there were scratches all over the folio. Most prominent was the back-- including 2 random indents which isn't very noticeable but you can feel it.
Overall, I’m just flabbergasted at the poor handling of this item especially after reading all the positive reviews and seeing that it’s coming from a sophisticated company. I mean, wouldn’t they take extra precautions to handle something that’s prone to marks? :(
I don’t plan to return this item because it already has my honey’s full name monogramed, and I fly out of town next week for 3 weeks so he’d have to open this gift (Christmas) before I fly out. I’m sure the overall QUALITY and FUNCTIONALITY of this product will last but it’s just a bummer to have to open a brand new item with all these imperfections.
I've attached the maximum # (2) of photos allowed. I would post all the ones I took since I just can't believe how many imperfections there are. I don't think the photos taken by my iphone do a good job with the details but you can still see them.
December 5, 2013
I needed a portfolio to use for meetings, and work. My lovely wife had given me a Levenger wallet for my birthday. This portfolio matches my wallet and functions perfectly for my business duties. You won't be disappointed with this portfolio if you choose it?!?
November 30, 2013